Funding for scientific events
The Institute for Advanced Studies is committed to strengthen the existing cooperation and to establish new links with prominent scholars and leading research centres in the world. To intensify international cooperation and scientific exchange, the Institute intends to organise:
thematic workshops involving experienced and renowned experts, as well as promising young academics,
series of specialist lectures for students and doctoral candidates of the University of Warsaw delivered by outstanding foreign researchers.
All the above mentioned events address issues related to the Priority Research Area II “Beyond Micro and Macro Worlds” that combines projects in astronomy, biology, chemistry, and physics. They provide an opportunity to initiate innovative research projects.
Events co-organised and co-financed by the UW IAS
- “Early Universe Cosmology with Gravitational Waves” Workshop, 18–29 September 2023, the UW Faculty of Physics
- “Advanced school on asymptotically flat spacetime and celestial holography”, 25 August – 4 September 2023, the UW Faculty of Physics (learn more >>)
- “Glaciations and interglacials in Poland – current status and perspectives of research”, 16–18 June 2023, the UW Faculty of Physics (learn more >>)
- “Magnetic Fields in Materials Research” Conference, 22–24 May 2023, Wrocław University of Science and Technology Congress Centre (learn more >>)
- “IDUB research infrastructure” Conference, 27 February 2023, the UW Faculty of Physics (learn more >>)
- Visit from Prof. Marcin Konczykowski and his seminar “Simulation of native defects by electron irradiation”, 18–26 November 2022, the UW Faculty of Physics (learn more>>)
- Workshop on 2D materials, 24–26 October 2022, the UW Faculty of Physics (learn more >>)
- String Math 2022 Conference, 11–15 July 2022, the UW Faculty of Physics (learn more >>)